Diaper Quest Release 2 Version 1.1
Hey guys! Lots of improvements this month, I hope you'll agree. Things are coming together slowly. Still having lots of problems with Mac users, or perhaps it's just some Mac users? If you're on a Mac and you have the game running well, please let me know how.
PLEASE READ THE KNOWN ISSUES SECTION BELOW - THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH OPENING THE GAME THAT YOU'LL WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SOLVE!
First time downloading? On Windows? I'd recommend downloading this: ZIP of latest DQ including Windows Git (728.9 MB)
Diaper Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, among them Zoom for Mac (NB Sierra update has broken the game, and you need to use WINE) and for Unix; Windows Git for Windows; and Gargoyle does an okay job on all platforms if none of the others are working for you. However I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle, and huge amounts of lag on poeple using Macs. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving so that you can send me the save file from your run. NB if you encounter the same crash twice in a row without doing anything in between, your save file will be lost if you haven't backed it up.
- Opening Git.exe and then selecting the file seems to often cause a 'Can't open gamefile' error. However, double-clicking on the Gblorb file itself in Windows Explorer and then opening it with Git.exe that way seems to work fine. I believe this weird issue is just due to the huge filesize of the game file. If you download the recommended ZIP above, it comes with a batch file to make this even easier.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- There's still a few minor problems with item shortcuts and disambiguation.
- Began work on a big project - item themes. I'm gradually tagging each item with all the different themes it has, everything from colour and style to brands or animals or whatever. The item's description will let you know what themes it's been tagged with. The idea is that after I've done this, it'll be much easier to specify what items inspire what tattoos, and what items certain NPCs are interested in. And...
- Fashion bonuses and penalties! The game will reward you for wearing things that go together (i.e. share a theme) and punish fashion blunders like wearing a skirted item over trousers.
- I haven't got much done yet, but so far we have the following bonuses (and when you examine an item it'll tell you if you have any active bonuses relevant to its themes):
- Each bear themed item you're wearing after the first grants +1 strength
- Each exercise themed item you're wearing after the first grants +1 dexterity
- Each flower themed item you're wearing after the first grants -1 sex addiction
- Each grey and silver themed item you're wearing after the first grants -1 sex addiction
- Each tartan themed item you're wearing after the first halves the time that crafting bowls take to recharge
- Each yellow item you're wearing after the first increases how good you are at holding onto your bladder
- Each food or drink themed item you're wearing after the first increases your max fatigue
- Each heart themed item you're wearing after the first increases your dexterity for each rank of arousal you have
- There are now also the following fashion penalties:
- Wearing a skirted item and a trousers item at the same time reduces both strength and dexterity by 2! What a huge fashion blunder.
- Wearing clothing on top of certain underwear reduces intelligence by 2. It's a sexy bikini for a reason, it's meant to be seen!
- [Newest Nappy GUI] Graphical inventory window now has pages, and you can customise how many slots are on each page.
- [Newest Nappy GUI] When you close the text inventory window, it's the graphical windows that gain the extra space, not the main window.
- A little speech bubble now reminds people what the question mark button does. It'll be restricted to newbie tips next version.
- Added more periodic reflection flavour, becuase there was none specific to diapers.
- Fixed a long time bug where some of the reflection favour that was meant to give a reminder about the player's stat levels wasn't working properly. So now you'll see a lot of message popping up giving you an idea about how your stats are changing.
- A new benefit option lets you spend points to reduce how incontinent your character can become.
- Gloves no longer block the removal and wearing of rings. Magic!
- Spankings no longer cause you to expel a non-existent enema.
- Examining items now shows their image at full size in the main window.
- Nerfed the boogeymonster again, so that while each nightmare has some impact it's not too over-the-top game-ruining.
- Nerfed the punishment for putting value in your continence and then wetting yourself involuntarily, when tattoos are enabled. Instead of irreversible incontinence, you lose the ability to tell how full you are. So you can still remain in control as long as you remember to try the toilet every now and then.
- Also, players who have valued their continence no longer wet themselves when messing, as this was a bit harsh.
- Nerfed the bed wetter tattoo. It now just causes bed wetting rather than full incontinence.
- Updated all the rooms in the mansion with inappropriate descriptions leftover from TQ, to be more appropriate for DQ.
- The mansion candy machine is no longer excluded from the system determining if you get a golden one next.
- Basic butt plugs are now all different to prevent confusion from the same image representing a range of similar but different sizes.
- [Roguelike Saving] The engine no longer deletes your save file upon loading, so if you encounter the same crash twice in a row, your save file is no longer lost forever and you can send it to Aika for investigation.
- NPCs should now be more consistent about whether they can detect you wetting a diaper under clothing. Unless they have rather powerful magic, they won't be able to tell unless you're shameless enough to have declared what you're doing out loud, or your diaper is completely visible.
- [Newest Nappy GUI] Pedestals in the mansion now have their contained items rendered within their image.
- [Newest Nappy GUI] Removed the bag of holding from the items displayed in the clothing window to save space, since it's in the main window and dropping it isn't really ever a valid option. Can still be done manually if you really want to.
- Added some additional defences to try and prevent some difficult-to-explain bugs where the vine boss vines sometimes wouldn't follow you to the overground location they teleported you to.
- Shuffled which character window diaper images were linked to which diapers, to try and better reflect their padding thickness. You'll see the pink diaper a bit more now, hopefully it's not too confusing the fact that your actual diaper in your inventory isn't pink.
- [Scene Messing] Fixed a bug where the robomatron could never turn friendly because she needed to see you in a messed diaper.
- Fixed a minor bug where a diaper that the vampiress put on you could be described as already soiled, when it wasn't.
- Fixed a minor bug where the inflated mittens had the wrong image.
- Fixed a bug where the adult baby slave could drop super rare diapers upon defeat.
- Fixed a bug where the demoness could plug a player who was already plugged.
- Fixed a bug where the boogeymonster magic marker scene only auto-sexchanged the player with certain settings. Since it's already walled behind "game hates you" I've changed this to all variations of TG mechanics allowing it. You've asked for unfair stuff, so you can't complain when this happens!
- Prevented the cat ears from spawning, because they're not compatible with DQ yet.
- Fixed a bug where the RoboMatron had way more health than intended.
- Fixed a bug where double diapers weren't getting cursed or blessed correctly.
- Animations?! Yep that's right, I've put in a lot of work to understand how Inform's in-built timer works and I've managed to devise a way to get rudimentary animations working. We've got a starting screen and a few buttons and icons that I think could really use your attention when they appear, that are animated.
- Interesting side-note: You can now tell when your CPU / memory leaks / who knows what is causing lag because the animations slow down. Restarting the executable and reloading your save seems to fix this, but the longer the game has gone on, the sooner it comes back. That's my experience on Windows Git anyway.
- [Messing] Just FYI, the animation for when you need to mess while diapered was made by Rosie-BRS.
- [Messing] New ruby lesson - diaper dodgeball. Getting hit by the ball fills you with mess, and messing yourself twice earns elimination and punishment. Staying clean until the entire opponent team is eliminated earns promotion.
- Chess lesson changed from a ruby lesson to a pink diamond lesson.
- New pink diamond teacher and pink diamond student added to make this possible.
- Added a very experimental and unstable feature at maximum diaper addiction (or with 'I failed potty training tattoo' from valuing continence) and incontinence where the player is rendered completely unaware of the state of their diaper, including the character window not getting updated, until it is checked by examining it manually, or an event forces the player to learn the state of it.
- Added some extra protection and links to the emerald butt plug lesson to try and protect against glitches causing softlocks.
- Added the debug command "schoolbell" which triggers the next lesson's alarm early (or late, if you should be getting detention already!)
- Added the personality types of all the students to their names so that you as the player have some of the information necessary to guess how they might act and how well they might perform in various lessons.
- Improved the 'promote me' debug command to promote all other students to your rank too.
- Increased the amount of time in between lessons (and how late you have to turn up to get detention) by one third. Furthermore, schooltime tracking moves half as fast while you are in the woods or mansion areas (when you're furthest away from a portal).