Diaper Quest Release 3 Version 2.1
Happy 2020 my lovely babs!
This isn't a big new version, really it's just removing the Christmas stuff, fixing a heap of bugs and adding a couple small new things into the game based on new art I've recently had drawn. Hope you enjoyed the Christmas version! Sorry for those of you that found it a bit frustrating - the 'nice' quest accidentally only progressed from friendly NPCs getting bored - it was meant to also progress from NPCs being satisfied after punishing you. Sorry about that.
One more thing: Starting now I'm going to tell you what the banner image is. Today's banner image is from the new boogeymonster nightmare (currently alpha testers only).
How to Download:
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://cloud.area57.info/index.php/s/DQLauncher/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions. If you get a message about a font that couldn't be installed, just skip it.
NB: The Windows Launcher may fail to download correctly in the first few hours after release and at peak times for the United States due to the excessive strain on the server. We are looking into upgrading it.
Diaper Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it, this includes Macs - you should use WINE.
- With the Christmas content, your appearance rating is bugged on the first turn, but fixes itself on the second turn.
- Submitting to the bouncer trap seems to be broken.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- Tried to tweak the chess lesson's numbers to make it more balanced.
- FYI if you are trying to win by making the opponent drink too much, bear in mind that if they are winning the chess match this makes them feel like they need to spend less time thinking, and also if they are losing the diaper race then they feel like they need to act quicker too.
- Also if you say no to the chess lesson, it won't come up again, allowing you to skip it.
- Removed those cutscenes that took up the entirety of the location window as they were super buggy. Instead they'll just show up as normal cutscenes and if possible also appear in the map window.
- [Game hates you] Fixed an issue where I'd forgotten to make the 'incontinent while speaking' tattoo work properly with magic spells.
- Fixed some bugs surrounding toilet and urinal use.
- Fixed a significant bug where all chest-covering clothing in the game universe counted as concealing the player's breasts, even when not worn.
- Fixed a bug where players could no longer submit to traps.
- Fixed a bug where warp portals got stuck targeting the obedience school.
- Fixed a bug where the midnight tanto couldn't cut through clothing.
- Fixed a bug where greeting NPCs in the same turn they were about to notice you could have weird nonsensical outcomes, like them being friendly and then suddenly unfriendly.
- 10 new bystanders from Relyet. Some extra credit zone predicaments now have more bystanders than others, depending on what feels balanced.
- [Messing] New boogeymonster nightmare 'mahjong battle' with art by Wishberri. This one spits you out into the Extra Credit Zone as part of the punishment.
- Can only occur if you don't have a class (because otherwise it's harsh to replace your clothing), and you are wearing the school armband (since you need to be an Obedience School student to be able to access the extra credit zone), and you can't have humiliation or diaper addiction too high.
- [Christmas content] Nice quest now progresses when you submit to an NPC's punishment as well as when they just get bored from following you around.
- When you fight another student and a staff member catches you in the middle of the fight and gives you detention, if there's an appropriate two-person predicament coded for your rank and situation, you'll both be sent into that predicament instead of you being sent for a normal detention.
- Fixed a bug where some predicaments in the extra credit zone would fail to have the bystanders spawn.