Diaper Quest Release 4 Version 1.0 Hotfix
This post's banner image is from Rosie-BRS's new art for the Iron Maiden trap.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://cloud.area57.info/index.php/s/DQLauncher/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions. If you get a message about a font that couldn't be installed, just skip it. You'll need around 550MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
There's a known bug that some people get where you get some error about a "path2" parameter. Until this is properly fixed, just go inside the installation folder and delete the config global.ini and user_config.ini files, because one of them is malformed.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
Diaper Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it, this includes Macs - you should use WINE.
- Opening Git.exe and then selecting the file seems to cause a 'Can't open gamefile' error for some users. However, double-clicking on the Gblorb file itself in Windows Explorer and then opening it with Git.exe that way seems to work fine. I believe this weird issue is just due to the huge filesize of the game file.
- I'm getting reports that updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system loses support for WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- Puppy class enabled (50% chance to spawn puppy ears when eating from the bowls in the hotel)
- Some more pairs of briefs now have images and buttcams on the character window that align with the inventory image, rather than using the default white panties.
- Several more items that were missing on the character window are now there.
- Silvery briefs is now silvery hotpants to better reflect the image Wishberri drew
- Disabled the demonic tongue clothing which doesn't work particularly well with DQ and half the required graphics are missing.
- Fixed an issue where the inventory images and some functionality were missing from some newly available items - the rugged headband (dominate NPCs to get it) and the portal pants (can get it the same time as the portal pants from the emerald lesson, when watersports is enabled)
- Fixed a bug where one in five video calls would bug out.
- Fixed an issue where the 'seduce' verb was available for clicking with some NPCs (this is a TQ only thing)