Diaper Quest Release 4 Version 2.0 Hotfix
This post's banner image is from Berri's new fifth form.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://omega.area57.cloud/index.php/s/roNcFT2k8Tffdyk/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions. If you get a message about a font that couldn't be installed, just skip it. You'll need around 450MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
There's a known bug that some people get where you get some error about a "path2" parameter. Until this is properly fixed, just go inside the installation folder and delete the config global.ini and user_config.ini files, because one of them is malformed.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
Diaper Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it. Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Opening Git.exe and then selecting the file seems to cause a 'Can't open gamefile' error for some users. However, double-clicking on the Gblorb file itself in Windows Explorer and then opening it with Git.exe that way seems to work fine. I believe this weird issue is just due to the huge filesize of the game file.
- I'm getting reports that updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system loses support for WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git, or otherwise try Gargoyle.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
- Added a new variable - temporary incontinence. This variable can be set by various effects, and then counts back down towards zero every time the player urinates. While it is above zero, the player is treated as fully incontinent (or at least however high you set max incontinence to be).
- While temporarily incontinent, you don't become more incontinent when you wet yourself at high diaper addiction (you usually would).
- The forfeit for the sapphire russian roulette lesson now makes you temporarily incontinent for 3 to 5 urinations.
- Getting unlucky when eating a cursed creme egg has a 50% chance to make you temporarily incontinent for 3 urinations.
- Remember, while fully incontinent you won't even notice when you pee in a diaper. You have to manually examine your diaper, or get checked, to notice.
- [Messing] Added an extra incentive to stay in the game in the dodgeball game, and to add some extra nuance to deciding who to throw the ball at. Each time someone gets knocked out after you, you gain humiliation.
- Summoning portals improvements:
- Significantly reduced the chances of summoning portals spawning a copy of an NPC that is already live and kicking in that region.
- Beforehand, after you entered a region, the summoning portal would then start spitting out NPCs until it reached the number it was happy with, regardless of which region you were in. Now, instead, when you enter a region, the summoning portal will become active until it spits out an NPC, then it'll go inactive again if you're no longer in the region, only becoming active again once you re-enter the region.
- So in simpler terms, each region should only have a maximum of one new NPC appear between visits.
- If the doom ritual is successfully completed by the cultists, this limit is removed.
- More art for Berri:
- Level 5 (maximum) babification
- The first scene with the vines trying to pull her down into the pit while she reaches for her water pistol now has art too!
- Once you rescue the princess and the headmistress's rule of the school comes to an end, you can take the rest of the items from the junk room without needing to deposit 5 other items.
- Experimental: As before, magic damage is decided based on your current stored magic power and your "magic theme bonus" (worn items and tattoos with a magic theme), with the maximum bonus damage (i.e. extra damage on top of the magic effect / weapon itself) achieved this way being 6.
- However now, your intelligence also slightly increases your magic power, and this increase ignores the limit of 6.
- At average intelligence you're looking at +1 or +2 damage. At maximum intellingence you're looking at +5 damage! But remember, several game effects including being too horny take your intelligence down to "distracted" until resolved.
- Magic power now increases damage by half as much. So, you don't need to worry quite as much about how quickly your damage will go down when you use magic attacks.
- Fixed a bug where hotel patrons wouldn't disappear after being dominated.
- Fixed a bug where baby reins could be transformed into onesies.
- Fixed a bug where drinking vessels' babyish-appearance ratings were all wrong.
- Fixed an issue where when an NPC noticed you and the player reflected on their most embarrassing thing, it only considered how slutty the thing looked, not how immature.
Bab Testers (June 2020 unlock files):
- Type the debug command 'epilogue' to immediately end the game and get to CHOOSE your epilogue(s) from a menu.
- The menu doesn't discriminate between which epilogues should be available to your set of kink choices or player status so expect some weird behaviour in certain circumstances.
- Smoothie van predicament improvements:
- Bystanders who have yet to have a drink are much more likely to wander towards the smoothie van.
- You now can earn extra extra credit - the rules at the start of the predicament explain that you can stay and serve a total of 9 smoothies in order to earn a second trophy.
- Fixed a bug where undoing after reading an epilogue would get you stuck with a restructured GUI that looked all wrong.
- Fixed a bug where after completing the new vibrators + diapers predicament, you'd still not be allowed to crawl in the rest of the game until you entered a new Extra Credit lesson.
- Fixed a bug with dominating monsters where trying to mess your diaper while sitting on an enemy's face wasn't coming up as an option even if you had the fetish option enabled.