Diaper Quest Release 4 Version 3.0 Hotfix 3
This post's banner image is a different view of Tryhard Student Candace's new art.
Here's a more comprehensive set of fixes for version 3.0 - sorry for the wait.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://omega.area57.cloud/index.php/s/roNcFT2k8Tffdyk/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions. If you get a message about a font that couldn't be installed, just skip it. You'll need around 450MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
Diaper Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it. Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
Hotfix 1 Changelist
Hotfix 2 Changelist
Hotfix 3 Changelist
- Removed a defeat option for the dominatrix that was only supposed to appear in Trap Quest.
- Fixed an issue where the waitress background option couldn't be selected.
- Fixed an issue where lots of errors to do with accessing entry 0 in a list after a double-diaper was destroyed by a game effect.
- Fixed an issue where the Boogeymonster didn't actually disappear as described when babifying Berri in front of the player.
- You can no longer craft or find carafes of space mead if alchol is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the waiter/waitress background option couldn't be selected.
- Fixed a bug where cultists couldn't remove cursed sex toys.
- Fixed a bug where the first pack of pocketwipes you found in a container could be flagged as "cleverly stolen - please report bug".
- Fixed a bug where some diapers were still flagged as having no liquid soak capacity.
- Fixed a bug where sex toys removed when you enter the extra credit zone were not really removed, meaning that you could still get soreness over time and couldn't be penetrated or expel from the relevant orifices.
- Fixed a bug where genitals that the player didn't own, or weren't even partially visible, could appear in the location window as covered up by the player's arms.
- Fixed a bug with fresh installs where the Christmas content would be enabled by default.