Diaper Quest Release 6 Version 4.0 Hotfix
This version's banner image was drawn by Wishberri. It's from her Christmas scene where you find her inside a box (DQ testers only).
Just had time to fix this one glaring issue!
Christmas version is still enabled by default, so for those of you who have had a busy Christmas so far, but now finally have some time on your hands, this is the perfect way to extend the festive vibe all the way to New Year's Eve.
How to Download - Newbies on Windows
If you're brand new, and on Windows, download this zip file, which contains both the game file and the program needed to run it.
After you've extracted your zip file, all you need to do is open git.exe and then select the file starting with DiaperQuest to run the game.
If you have any issues with that, reach out to use on Twitter or Discord or in the comments section below.
How to Download - Everyone Else
Diaper Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need to download two different things:
1) A glulxe interpreter program (you open this program and then select the game file): many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it (if your overzealous antivirus has a problem with area57's improved speed version, there's an older official version here). Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
2) The game file. Download it from:
We used to have a Windows launcher but unfortunately it is not working properly at the moment, due to our Webmaster Area57 having gone AWOL. It will download the wrong version! Do not use it.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- In some interpreters, on some people's computers, undo is failing to work because the interpreter's undo buffer isn't large enough to handle the game.
- Fixed a bug where interested NPCs no longer followed you from room to room.