Diaper Quest Release 5 Version 3.0 Hotfix
This post's banner image is from the new Final Showdown between the Princess and Demon Lord Xavier (currently bab tester only), by Rosie-BRS.
An embarrassing amount of this is largely untested but I won't be able to work on it tomorrow so it was now or Monday, and I thought you babs could use something to fill your Sundays. Brace yourselves for a hotfix early next week!
I'm experimenting with different layouts for the changelist. Let's see if people like this one.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://omega.area57.cloud/index.php/s/roNcFT2k8Tffdyk/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions. If you get a message about a font that couldn't be installed, just skip it. You'll need around 450MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
Raw GBLORB File Direct Download Link (434.9 MB)
Diaper Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it (if your overzealous antivirus has a problem with the new version, there's an older version here). Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
- You can no longer voluntarily hold your breath to the point where you suffocate. At that point, if you have the option to breathe, you'll start breathing.
- Students who want to attack you will wait until all the (friendly) staff members in your location have left.
- Fixed a bug where stepping on a polymorph rune trap froze the engine for several minutes and then transformed an item of clothing you weren't even wearing!
- [Watersports] Fixed a bug where a couple of clothing items with 'toilet' in the name could get confused with the actual 'toilet' you were trying to use, preventing the command "use toilet" from working properly.
- Fixed a bug where poking an NPC could cause their perception of you to trigger multiple times in a row.
- Fixed a bug where the cultists could keep trying to put you on the elder altar in a loop.
- Fixed a bug where there was an run-time P50 error triggering each turn you spent in a room with an academy staff member.
- Fixed a bug where accepting a permanent tattoo you already had from the new make up lesson still gave you extra magic (which you could abuse infinitely).
- Fixed a bug that's been around for ages but difficult to notice, apparently, due to some overzealous cleanup code: whenever you changed regions via the stairs, pretty much all clothing of yours that NPCs were holding onto would vanish.
- Fixed a bug with the cage trap in the woods where NPCs could punish you as normal as if you weren't inside a cage. Instead, now NPCs can only do things to your face, and only if you've tried to escape the cage early but gotten stuck halfway because of a thick diaper.
- [Game Hates You] Fixed a bug where some items taken from you at the start with the intention that they would be automatically replaced on you at the end, were not returned. Most notably, headgear.
- Added a "final chance" scene to the final battle, in the turn where the princess would be defeated.
- Essentially the princess gets facesat on by her dark clone, and you have three more turns to defeat Xavier with your own attacks, if you can. Art by Wishberri, with a messy alt for those of you with messy diaper facesitting enabled.
- To balance this out:
- All of the Princess's attacks on Xavier now do less damage.
- During these final few turns, Xavier is not invulnerable to any type of attack.
- New debug command "prank me [ditzy student]" triggers the student to prank you.
- Time then moves forward, so there's also a chance that the student will do another prank in their normal turn.
- Art for when the Princess defeats Xavier in the final battle. By HofBondage.
- Fixed a few bugs relating to unusual states for the final battle, for example if you teleport away in the middle of the action. The fight continues in the background, with Xavier slowly damaging the princess every turn until she is defeated.
- (Hopefully) fixed a bug where sometimes the candy trophy would cause an infinite loop of trying to eat the same candy while the player is unable to eat.